[General] LUNA: November 2600 meeting this Friday

john at gnusnotunix.net john at gnusnotunix.net
Wed Nov 5 11:09:08 UTC 2008

After a grueling 7 hour drive, with 3 screaming children (emphasis on
SCREAMING) we got to our hotel in Warner Robbins, GA where I glanced at the
public computer in the lobby to see...

Linspire!

The hotel manager on duty even stated that their entire hotel system is run
on Linux.  They've been debating moving it over to Windows, since they had
some issues with training.  I informed the manager that a lot of Linux
training/assistance is freely available through local LUGs.  If anything, I
also let them know that Linux support is often competitive so the going
rate vs. Windows training is often of better quality, as well as the actual
service itself.  He said he'd pass that on and even take a look into it
before they made any final change overs.

If anyone has friends in a GA LUG in the Macon/Warner Robbins area, you may
want to pass it on to them that the Super 8 is in need.  I put in my good
word, as well as a hardy pat on the back for being ahead of the curve.

G. John Schutte
webmaster
Snohoma.net
GNUsNotUnix.com