[General] Screen Printing Class

Brian Walker misterworld at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:38:58 CDT 2009

This upcoming Saturday, August 8th, I will be teaching the basics of silk
screen printing.  I'm sure just about everybody has seen me print on tshirts
or something at the shop by now, but Saturday I'll be showing off the entire
process, from drawing to image transfer to screen coating to exposure to
printing.  All the equipment is at the shop and the only thing you need to
bring is a single color image.  The class starts at 12 and before 3 o'clock
we should start printing, so bring as much paper (and of course blank
shirts!) as you want to print on.  The class is free and open to anybody who
wants to participate, there ought to be plenty of screens to go around.

The Makers Pot Luck dinner starts at 4, so it'll be a great opportunity to
show off your kick-ass custom clothing to all your friends.

All of the necessary materials and equipment for the process are being
stored at the shop so after you've taken the class you can screen print any
time to your heart's content, but if you want to use any of the supplies you
absolutely MUST have been shown how to use them.  Materials are not toxic
but they are expensive, and while I don't mind anyone using them for a
project I do mind people wasting them because they don't know what they're
doing.  So if you want to print, I should show you how it works before you
screw something up.

If you want a preview of the process, you can see my instructions on the
wiki, at: https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Screen_printing

Brian / MrWorld