[General] [Fwd: HackerSpace Documentary Tour 09 - Two Hands Project]

Steve Conklin steve at conklinhouse.com
Sun Aug 23 11:45:29 CDT 2009

We can put Bilal up for a night - we is me and my wife Susan, who runs
sew-brilliant.

We're open to the public during the Flying Monkey public hours on Saturdays.
We're often open other hours, but it's spotty. It's been especially spotty
lately because of a heavy travel schedule for me and a heavy work schedule
for my brother. The way the Flying Monkey collective is structured, one of
the "primary keyholders" has to be there to let people into the parking lot,
building, etc. We'll try to put a process in place to let people know when
we're there.

Maker's local should come grab a table in front of antitronics on Saturdays,
it's "artists market" and there are a lot of people who come through. You'll
get good exposure and we'll have a chance to visit. If you have anything
fun to show, bring it! Setting up tables is free.

I have some adafruit kits for sale at the space (TVBGone, SpokePOV, motor
shield, etc), and I got approved as an arduino reseller, so I'll have some
arduino boards there as soon as I have the spare cash for a stocking order.
Sales will be only to local people for a while, and I'm going to offer
discounts for locals. The idea is to enable people to be able to play with
them and to cover expenses for classes, not to rack up a profit.

The Makerbot is here, and I've made a start on construction. I'm painting
all the wooden parts, which is taking a while because of the recent rainy
weather. But it's looking good so far. I am backlogged on my blogging about
it - I've also been very busy helping set up an amateur radio program in
the Madison City Schools - I'll be blogging about that heavily after a
school board meeting in a couple of weeks - I don't want to spoil the
surprises.

Steve AI4QR