[General] Makers Local 256 is now a 501c3 Charity

Sara Neale saratheneale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:39:09 CST 2009

Since most people don't have a "tax person," here's a brochure from the IRS
website that states that while an organization's application for 501c3
status is pending, it may operate as a tax exempt organization. And if the
application is approved, any donations made during that time are tax
deductible.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf

ML256 was incorporated (i.e. organized) on April 29, 2008:

https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Make_Shop#Non-Profit_Status

-Sara