[General] Item Disposal Proposal

Rick Rick at HuntsvilleComputer.com
Wed Jul 1 01:04:32 CDT 2009

Ok, that looks good.

I think it would also be a good idea to put a barcode sticker or name label
on items to identify the owner or originator. I think that a barcode (owner
ID) would be better since it could point to a database entry that includes
updated contact info. It would be up to the owner of the items to properly
tag the items and update the contact info. Small stuff could be bagged with
a bag-tag applied.

The owner of project baskets or loaned items could be contacted before the
disposal  takes place.

Burning or rotting items should be exempt from the disposal rules.

Rick

Huntsville Computer Services

From: general-bounces at lists.makerslocal.org
[mailto:general-bounces at lists.makerslocal.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Cotten
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:50 PM
To: General discussion about makerslocal
Subject: [General] Item Disposal Proposal

I've added a proposal on how to dispose of items at the shop.

If you would like to edit this proposal and add more ideas to it, please do!

My hope is that we can all agree on a system so that no ones items get
accidentally tossed :)

https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Item_Disposal_Proposal

~Jeff