[General] Further Interest Business Meeting

Richard Briscoe blake_briscoe at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:52:11 CST 2009

Friends,

I enjoyed meeting with you all last night to view the space on Jordan. It seems that many people were interested in the space. Let's have a meeting to discover further interest and clarify the need of the space.

Instead of calling everyone to schedule a meeting, I would like to use email. Please respond with date availability and Please pass this email along to other serious people interested or anybody who attended the viewing last night that I may have missed.

Some things to be thinking about:

What is yours and the communities need?

Will the location be sufficient for your need?

What are some solutions for said need?

What kind of business should we pursue?

Sole Proprietorship

Partnership

Limited Partnership

Corporation

Nonprofit Corporation

Cooperative

Who will own the business?

For-Profit or Not-For-Profit?

Example of the above attached to a cooperative: A co-op whose purpose is to show and sell the works of member artists does not qualify as a "not-for-profit" organization. Only a co-op whose purpose is educational or which is organized as a museum can qualify for tax-exempt status.

The Deeper we go the more questions arise.

This could be a very financially in depth venture or one of simple financial comfort. I vote the simple financial comfort. I myself am in no place right now to take out a major loan.

I see the potential for all of us to create with minimal resources if need be, but the power is that we have multiple resources. So I think that the potentiality of creating a welcoming space for people to work, create, lounge, save the world and eat is quite high. Lets see what we can do.

Furhter Interest Business Meeting

Location: Spice of India Party Room

Date/time:

Please choose from the following and email your preference:

Monday March 9th/after 6:00pm

Tuesday March 10th/after 6:00pm

Thursday March 12th/after 6:00pm

Friday March 13th/after 6:00pm

If these dates or times do not work for someone please make a suggestion.

Sincerely,

R. Blake Briscoe
Interim Administrator

United Methodist Multicultural Center