[General] Building Codes

Justin Richards ratmandu at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:59:54 CDT 2009

As for the ADA stuff, since we are not going to do any major modifications
to the building, we are exempt from making anything compliant, as the only
time it has to be compliant is new construction, or major building
modifications, see http://www.access-board.gov/ada-aba/final.cfm#a201

201.1 Scope.  All areas of newly designed and newly constructed buildings
> and facilities and altered portions of existing buildings and facilities
> shall comply with these requirements.

But we might want to try to comply with section 504 regarding stairways when
we build the stairs for the loft above the shelves. see:
http://www.access-board.gov/ada-aba/final.cfm#a504