[General] 12/5 Open House Preparations & Planning

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:16:34 CST 2009

Hello,

Wikipage for event planning:
https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/12-5-2009_Open_House_Planning

For the 12/5 open house, here's what I see needs doing:

1. Clean off tables and sweep floors.
2. Set up projects and workspaces with tools, equipment and materials.

Something simple we can all do on Friday night before the open house (from
7pm to whenever we get done on 12/4).

Here's the plan:

Projects that will be on display:

   - 3-D Scanning
   - Photobooth
   - Makers Local 256 Kiosk
   - Jacob's Ladder

Feel free to add any projects you would like to run for the open house.

Public Project Work or Learning/Teaching Area:
Open tables for people who want to sit down and make stuff or run an
improptu learning/teaching session.  Would be nice to have a setup where
visitors could come in and join in on the making.  Something with basic
tools and a projector and computer.

Refreshments:
The shop fridge will be open to the public.

U-Stream?

Would we be partial to having the U-stream running for the open house?

                       - Ethan