[General] Arduino Class at Antitronics Oct 3rd

Steve Conklin steve at conklinhouse.com
Thu Sep 3 16:00:50 CDT 2009

http://www.antitronics.com/?p=72

It’s on – an Introduction to Arduino Class

Where: Antitronics – Flying Monkey Arts Center
When: Saturday, October 3rd 4:30 – 7:00
Cost: $30 (for the things you get to keep)

Requirements:

Let me know in advance if you will be there.
You need to bring your laptop, let me know which O.S. you run.

I have in my hot little hands a stack of Arduino Duemilanove boards. For your $30 you will get one of those, a USB cable, a 9V battery clip with a plug, a couple of LEDs and resistors. and a
potentiometer. I will not supply a 9V battery. You won’t need one for class – you only need one later if you want to run your project disconnected from your computer.

The goals will be:

1. To get the arduino software environment installed
2. To demonstrate the structure of a basic arduino application
3. To show how to read information from the real world
4. To control some simple outputs, including PWM (and an explanation of what the heck PWM is anyway).

We will not go into deep details of the AVR processor or any other technical aspects of the arduino and how it works — this is sort of an appliance operator’s view.

Arduino home: http://www.arduino.cc/
The Duemilanove: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDuemilanove
The Software: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

You are invited to go ahead and install the software before the class if you are comfortable with that. If you want the hardware early, just pay me and it’s yours. I should have the remainder of the
items (battery clips) in by next week.

Registration is limited since this is the first class. I don’t want to end up overloaded.

RSVP to info [at] antitronics [dot] com