[General] Fwd: plumbing issue

Rick Rick at HuntsvilleComputer.com
Tue Sep 29 22:03:47 CDT 2009

"the drain was never connected to the city pipe, as far as he could tell"

Sounds like Huntsville Utilities owes you a refund since you never used the
city sewer line.

Rick

From: general-bounces at lists.makerslocal.org
[mailto:general-bounces at lists.makerslocal.org] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 19:59
To: General discussion about makerslocal
Subject: [General] Fwd: plumbing issue

FYI to all Makeshop goers, here is an email I just sent the landlord re:
plumbing:

=============

Mike and Kathy:

One of our guys was down here today when the city was working on the drain.
They actually *dug up the street and sidewalk* and put in a new drain line
through to the building-side of the sidewalk.  The worker said that there
was a cast iron pipe from the building that was just flat out *not
connected* to the city drain---that is, that the drain was never connected
to the city pipe, as far as he could tell.

Regardless, we now have a new 6" drain in to the sewer, ready for the
plumber to tie the building drain into.

Now, I noticed that the property was dug up quite a bit, and the city
shouldn't have come that far onto the property, so I assume the plumber had
been back and dug up the pipes again.  Guess they needed something to do,
since where they dug up (between the telephone pole and the building) didn't
seem to be the problem.

Bob