[General] Screening THE ROOM at the Flying Monkey tomorrow, Dec 3 @ 9PM

Brian Walker misterworld at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:57:41 CST 2010

Hey Makers-
     You may have noticed that some of the members really love bad movies.
We really love them. It's unhealthy.  Well, tomorrow night we're hosting a
screening of "The Room," our favorite bad movie so we can share the train
wreck with everyone.  The movie is at the Flying Monkey Arts Center, in the
second floor theater at 9PM, tickets will be $10 at the door and concessions
will be sold.  All the profit goes straight back to Makers Local.  There's
audience participation during the whole movie, lots of yelling at the screen
and tuxedo football for everyone.  It's a lot like Rocky Horror or Mystery
Science Theater 3000, but with plastic spoons being lobbed at an
incomprehensible piece of eurotrash.

More about the screening:
http://256.makerslocal.org

An introduction to the audience participation:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/a-viewers-guide-to-the-room%2C25721/

"The Room" on imdb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/

I hope I see you there,