[General] Tools at the shop

Justin Richards ratmandu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:50:14 CDT 2011

Sounds great! I've got some sharpie oil based paint pens in various colors
that I will bring by at some point. Ill also be at the shop this weekend to
help out, and to mark my other tools.
On Aug 25, 2011 10:04 AM, "Showers, Phillip M" <Phillip.M.Showers at boeing.com>
wrote:
> Excellent! I listed the tools that I've brought to the shop on the wiki
here(https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/Section42/Inventory). I am pretty bad
at marking them (some have my name or initials scratched in them) - I'll try
to put something on them tonight. Also if the location of any of the bigger
tools is a problem, please don't hesitate to move 'em; in most cases I just
put a tool near the tool area with the intention of finding it a better home
when space allowed. I'm pretty sure the dust collector shouldn't move
though.
> I wish I could help this weekend, but I've got family visiting from out of
town and I'm pretty sure that will consume my availability. I'll be around
as opportunity presents itself.

> On a facilities related note: The Primer we put on the floor upstairs is
drying very slowly and is still a bit tacky. I'd appreciate it if members
held off walking on it yet.

general-bounces at lists.makerslocal.org] On Behalf Of Bob
> Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:43 AM
> To: General discussion about makerslocal
> Subject: [General] Tools at the shop
>
> I plan to be around the shop this weekend and plan to get seriously OCD in
the tool area. Over the past few weeks, I've been placing tools back in that
area when I find them and are pretty sure they are shop tools, or at least
are on perma-loan, but I now need a little help.

> If you have tools at the shop that are yours and are NOT perma-loaned to
the shop, please secure them *inside* your rubbermaid container or similar
and make sure the box on the member shelves and preferably labeled. I won't
go into the member's box area, but everywhere else I find a tool or tool set
that's not in the tool area, it's getting moved there.

> Hand tools will be MARKED WITH PAINT to indicate they are MakeShop tools,
and I may even do that on the peg boards so people know where to put them
back by the paint shadows.

> Exceptions will include electronics tools and crafting tools, which will
get their own small tool sections.

> I believe most of the power tools at the shop are on perma-loan from
members---I know Phil has brought a some power tools, and there are a few
power tools labeled with initials, but ALL tools not located in the member
shelves, or isolated and labeled, are going to find a home in the tool area
soon. I'll probably also start a register of all major tools, toolsets and
their owners so we can better keep track of them.