[General] Heating Note

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:30:12 CST 2011

As it stands, we have the south wall, but no windows.  The main room is
isolated from the south by the equipment room, garage and storeroom.  From
what experiments have been done, the structure currently does not have
sufficient insulation to be able to retain heat gained during the day to be
distributed at night when we are using the shop.  The solar option would
first require the shop to be insulated to at least R-12 or more.  As it
stands, we can only afford basic winterization.  Extensive insulation is a
long-term (at least 1 year) project.  The solar concept is interesting but
will require some basic groundwork to first be established.  When you get
back, perhaps we can compare notes on this and see what else would have to
be done.

                     - Ethan