[General] Keys, Ethan & CNC Machines

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:35:38 CST 2011

Hey!

       I believe that is where I last left your truck keys.  I will confirm
in the shop later tonight; I still have your truck parts in the styrofoam
bowl by my box.
       The four CNC machines being worked on are made by various members.
The three on the NW table are Tain's MakerBot <http://www.makerbot.com/>,
the Mantis <https://makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Makers_mantis_cnc> (Mog,
Tim, Justin, Erik & Co.) and the RepRap
Mendel<https://makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/Reprap_Mendel>(Ray &
Phil).  The big one on the sawhorses is the 2'x4'
CNC Machine <https://makerslocal.org/wiki/index.php/2x4_CNC_Machine>(Phil).
 The Mantis and the Mendel are notable since they are being built to
be able to print out parts for themselves.  The Mendel's joints and printer
head parts were made on another RepRap in the Czech Republic.  Right now,
the Mantis is being tested and adjusted to cut out its control circuit board
from a copper-sheeted plastic board.   The 2x4 Machine has been a work in
progress; currently, the axes can move and need adjustment to avoid
sticking.

                        - Ethan