[General] Haskell Night #4

Jake McArthur jake.mcarthur at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:58:35 CDT 2011

Once again, we will have another Haskell night at the shop this
Thursday. I'd like to clear up some confusion about the time that it
starts, as I've heard various people say it starts anywhere from 6:00pm
to 7:30pm. The official starting time is *7:00pm*.

This particular Thursday, however, will be a little different. Assuming
anybody shows up for it, starting somewhere between 6:00pm or 6:30pm, I
will demo a little Agda until 7:00 rolls around. Agda is not as
"practical" as Haskell yet, so if you aren't interested in a little
academia, this might not be for you, but otherwise, show up early to
have your mind blown and then to have the scattered pieces of your mind
blown once again. Don't worry about reading up on Agda before coming;
the available material on Agda is not very beginner-friendly, so I'm
prepared to start with the basics. However, if you want to follow along
on your own laptop, you will need both Agda [1] *and* emacs installed
(Agda programming almost requires an interactive environment, and
agda-mode is the only officially supported one).

- Jake

[1] http://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Download