[General] Quick update on the tornadoes.

Erik Arendall earendall at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:47:53 CDT 2011

I would like to personally thank you for all that you and your fellow hams
have done to help during this disaster.
I would also like to take a moment to motivate all the licensed ham radio
operators out there to get active in a local club and in the event of
another time such as this, we will be prepared.

I got caught in the first storm that hit the Hanceville area on wed morning
and having the scanner in the car and tuned to the local RACES/ARES net on
N4TUN helped prepare me for it.
I feel that I could have done more to help out the Cullman area when the
second line of storms hit if i would have first had a radio to use and
second had the experience to handle EMCOMM. This is an issue I am going to
resolve and not let happen again.

Get involved and when Justin gets the shop a shack setup, maybe that can
become a local RACES/ARES net.

Erik Arendall
KJ4YJC