[General] Relief Block printmaking class at Lowe Mill this weekend.

Brian Walker misterworld at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:58:11 CDT 2011

Hey Makers - this weekend I’m teaching a class on the first floor of the
Lowe Mill, on relief block printmaking (details below)  There’s two
sessions, Oct 1 I teach how to carve the block, and Oct 8th I show how to
print and everyone makes tshirts. All you need to bring is an idea for a
black and white picture.

Brian

http://greenpeapress.com/2011/03/15/classes/

Instructor: Brian Walker brian at braintwist.net
Tuition: $45 covers both sessions, includes materials
Session 1: 11 am until 4 pm Saturday, October 1st
Session 2: 11 am until 4 pm Saturday, October 8th

Learn relief printmaking with linoleum while exploring various techniques.
Create an original relief print start-to-finish from carving the block to
preparing ink and printing on paper. We'll also cover sharpening tools,
different ways to create texture and lighting, and common printing problems.
The class is two sessions, one for carving October 1st and one for printing
and exotic maneuvers October 8th, with a week in between to give students
time to carve. Shirts will be printed! Prints will be exchanged!

All you need to bring is an idea for a black and white picture. For examples
of what you can do with relief blocks, check out:

wolfbat.com
evilprints.com
cannonballpress.com
braintwist.net <- My website website.