[General] 2nd annual cupcake challenge

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:02:02 CST 2012

All of the pictures are broken/missing at throwthemind.  Do they work for
everyone else?
Also it looks like the cake wasn't wrapped with seran wrap to keep it from
falling apart under its own weight.  Also there wasn't any foam or packing
around the cake to help distribute the weight to spots other than the
skewers.  Also the large cake had extra weight that would make it want to
fall harder (momentum? moment of inertia?) to the top when turned/dropped
upside down.  All that momentum against the skewers probably caused the
cake to break apart.  If it were wrapped and surrounded by foam it would
only press against the frosting.  Having the skewers in the foam and the
seran wrap holding the cake together it could stay together an hold itself
up a little better (but not perfect).
We may want to try something similar to the one that was sent to us with
some sort of suspended cradle or cradle + gyro bowl...