[General] Fwd: Drag torque

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:53:35 CST 2012

Good Evening,

       I was wondering if you guys could help an inquiring young mind.
 Eric would like to know how to calculate the drag torque of a cylinder
rotating on a shaft (wheel and axle configuration in picture attached).  He
will be applying a certain torque to rotate the assembly and is seeking a
general equation that would tell him for the certain torque what the
rotational velocity would be after a certain time, its maximum rotational
velocity and how long it would take to reach it.
       Help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

               - Ethan/spacefelix