[General] Laser Cutter Class Announcement: 1/31/12 @ 7:00pm

John Kelly candleknight at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:50:41 CST 2012

Greeting fellow makers.
I've been spending an obscene amount of time playing with the laser cutter
lately, so I think it's high time I put together an official session to
share what I've learned.

This class will cover:
♦Startup, shutdown, and basic operation of the laser cutter.
♦In's and out's of using the Spectrum driver for the laser cutter.
     ♦(Using speed/power/repetitions settings, navigation, vector layers,
raster resolution, etc.)
♦Vector cutting
♦Raster engraving
♦The different secondary programs to use to set up images and vector cut
patterns, and some basics on how to use them.
     ♦(HYCAD, InkScape, paint.net, Pepakura, CorelDraw, etc.)
♦Properties of different materials and suggested power/speed/repeats
settings.
     ♦(Acrylic, paper, cardstock, wood, MDF, HDF, ?DF, cardboard, glass,
M&Ms, etc.)
♦Tips and tricks for getting the best results when cutting or engraving.
♦And anything else I think of

I've been thinking about holding it next *Tuesday, January 31, at
~7:00pm*since there will already be a decent crowd around for the open
house.
Session will probably last at least an hour.
If you can't make the session Tuesday but still want to know about the
laser cutter, feel free to ask me any time I'm in the shop and I'll show
you. I don't mind repeating myself.

Make on!
-Candleknight

(John Kelly)