[General] Laser Cutter Class Announcement: 1/31/12 @ 7:00pm

Enabrin Tain enabrintain at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 18:08:00 CST 2012

according to the fount of all human knowledge:

Fiberglass:  yes, sans polymer (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_engraving_cutting_machines/46407-can_laser_cutter_cut_fiberglass.html)
Carbon fiber: No (http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/749)
Kevlar: Requires 1,500watts? (http://www.ambox.com/laser-cutting/materials/kevlar.html)
dunno about this one, there was very little about Kevlar...

[-CO-C6H4-CO-NH-C6H4-NH-]n doesn’t have any Cl in it, so experimenting
with a piece  shouldn't be disastrous.
;-)

All that said, ours is a 40W laser so there are things that could be cut by a more powerful laser, that ours can't.

-Phil / EnabrinTain