[General] Laser Cutter Class Announcement: 1/31/12 @ 7:00pm

Enabrin Tain enabrintain at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 07:33:31 CST 2012

I think Candleknight did update the wiki page: (https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/40_Watt_Laser_Cutter)
/me applauds
:-D

________________________________
 From: Joshua Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com>
To: General discussion about makerslocal <general at lists.makerslocal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [General] Laser Cutter Class Announcement: 1/31/12 @ 7:00pm

I hope someone takes notes and puts it on the wiki!
On Jan 25, 2012 7:43 PM, "Justin Richards" <ratmandu at gmail.com> wrote:

I've been experimenting with it a lot as well, but i'll be there also. It's always good to see other peoples opinions and results with things

>On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM, WebDawg <webdawg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Ill be dere.
>>On 25 Jan 2012 18:08, "Enabrin Tain" <enabrintain at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>according to the fount of all human knowledge:
>>>

>>>Fiberglass:  yes, sans polymer (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_engraving_cutting_machines/46407-can_laser_cutter_cut_fiberglass.html)
>>>Carbon fiber: No (http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/749)
>>>Kevlar: Requires 1,500watts? (http://www.ambox.com/laser-cutting/materials/kevlar.html)
dunno about this one, there was very little about Kevlar...

>>>[-CO-C6H4-CO-NH-C6H4-NH-]n doesn’t have any Cl in it, so experimenting
with a piece  shouldn't be disastrous.
;-)

>>>All that said, ours is a 40W laser so there are things that could be cut by a more powerful laser, that ours can't.
>>>
>>>-Phil / EnabrinTain

 and out's of using the Spectrum driver for the laser cutter.