[General] Lasers and Deadly Fumes

John Kelly candleknight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:52:45 CST 2012

This brings up a larger point I've been meaning to raise for awhile:
ventilation of the electronics room in general. Considering the toxic
nature of a lot of the stuff done in there (and the fact that with the new
curtains, fumes have a tendency to hang around for awhile since they have
nowhere to dissipate to) I think we should consider adding some active
ventilation to the outside. I think this should at least include venting
the laser cutter to the outside of the building, but I think it would be
wise to add some fume sucker stuff for the soldering table as well.

-Candleknight