[General] Transit of Venus TOMORROW

John Kelly candleknight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:44:43 CDT 2012

UPDATE:
It has come to my attention that shade #14 lenses can be a pain in the rear
to find.
Shade #12 is sufficient to protect your eyes from damage, but can be a bit
uncomfortably bright.
If you can't find a #14,  I'd suggest stacking a shade #12 with another
welding lens, like a second #12, a #10, or even a #8 (commonly used for the
welding "goggles" used for torch/plasma cutting).
Heck, two #10's should do the trick too. The important part is that the
material you are using blocks the entire spectrum.

-John Kelly, purveyor of questionably useful advice