[General] Internet speeds

Daniel Valdez smeeon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:19:05 CST 2013

Wow (Wide Open West) cable is very regional. Check with your neighbors before you sign with a long term contract.

Comcast has the fastest backbone in the city.

Mediacom if you are in an area that supports it has a very strong backbone and high speeds but caps like wow.

With all of them if you purchase your own modem and router you will receive better service and speeds. In the case of comcast they have a hard time regulating speed to a customer provided modem and a 12mb service will perform at 50-60mbs on comcast.

My experience is installing high end network systems in people's homes around the city for people who need an extremely reliable and robust network. we've been around the block with all providers quite a few times.

--
Daniel Valdez
Audio Insight, Inc.

We Make Technology Work
Residential & Commercial - Design & Installation
Audio * Video * Networking * Automation