[General] Any linux gurus?

Stephan Henning shenning at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 10:26:19 CST 2013

The program will write out a file of variable size, it's based on the
problem being run. Currently, it writes out approximately 1.5TB for the
benchmark problem, most of that contained in a single file, much too large
for a ramdisk. Unfortunately, the problems have grown so large that they
can't be run in ram any more. This is a GPU accelerated program so this
file gets modified very heavily during the process of a run.

Current testing is being done on a Raid0 of 5c Crucial 960G SSDs. This has
proven to be significantly faster than the old array, but I am trying to
determine exactly how hard the disks are being hammered so I can try and
optimize the hardware configuration.

The program is compiled from source, but I'm not involved in that process,
I'd much rather try and piggyback something and monitor the process than
try and go in and have something added to source.

I'll add parted and gparted to my list of things to read up on, thanks.