[General] SLUG Speakers

Kirk D Mccann kirk.mccann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:21:26 CST 2013

The SED Linux Users Group (SLUG) is looking for people who are willing to
come speak on topics relating to Linux.  As the overall knowledge of our
makers group is quite vast, and the use of linux in hacker spaces is
common, it is my hope that someone could fill one of the speaker slots.
This speaking opportunity would also give the speaker a chance to advertize
Makers Local 256 and all that we do.

The slug group has presented on the following topics:
rsync
Synergy
QT
Network Installs
ZoneMinder
Virtual Box
RPM creation
RHEL 6 Identity Management
Git
Perforce
Raspberry Pi

This year the SLUG is looking to hold 1 hour presentations on the following
topics:
  KVM
  RHEL MRG
  STIGs/NIST/OpenSCAP compliance
  RHEL 7 expectations
  SELinux
  System performance analysis tools & BBP
  Full disk encryption
  Iptables/nftables
  UDEV rules
  RH Satellite installation – in “disconnected” environment
  Bacula
  SSDs, LVM, disk management, filesystems
  IdM installation
  Software programming/debugging tools
  Cross-compilation + building OS for non-x86 processor
  Virtual Appliances
  Large storage/distributed filesystems and BBP

Thanks and Have a Good Day,
Kirk McCann

PS: If you would like to attend one of the sessions and have access to the
arsenal, I can send out notifications when the meetings are scheduled.