[General] 36" Band Saw for cheap

Steve Conklin steve at conklinhouse.com
Sat Jun 8 19:09:25 CDT 2013

(I'm not a member, but this seemed like it might be something for the shop)

I have a friend and her mom who need to sell a 36" band saw. It was
working and in regular use when her father died about 8 years ago, and
has been in the garage since. He was a furniture builder and used it
to resaw large lumber.

I went today to take a look and a few photos. I could not find a
manufacturer name on it.

It has a cast iron frame, and a 36" throat. It's been retrofitted
(long ago) with wheel covers and blade guards, and the blade guard
reduces the cutting depth to around 34" or so. It has also had a
quick-change fence added to it. I didn't measure but I'd guess it has
about a 10-12" height cutting capacity.

It has a single-phase motor on it, wired for 220V (judging by the
plug). The motor plate says it draws 16.5 Amps at 230V. The saw comes
with a collection of blades.

It's large and heavy. It's 8 feet tall (give or take a little), and
about 4.5 feet deep, and about 3 feet wide. It will take a team of
people to move it.

Asking price is $200, as long as you move it, and it's picked up
within the next two weeks (she's only in town until then).

Location is in NE Huntsville, not far from Maker's Local.

This is a beast of a saw, and if I had room for it I would definitely
take it myself.

Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sconklin/sets/72157634015498982/

Contact me if interested and I'll arrange a meetup or inspection.

Steve