[General] Video of Tonight's Fun with a Tesla Gun

Ethan Chew spacefelix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:36:49 CST 2013

Yo Dave,

Technically, wouldn't such a setup be safe as long as the Propane is sealed
and is not mixing with an oxidizer such as air?  And wouldn't the metallic
propane bottle act as a Faraday cage and conduct the high voltage safely
away from the propane within?

The only possible failure point would be where the high voltage arc would
end up melting a hole into the propane bottle, releasing propane gas to
atmosphere and resulting in a combustible mixture that would be lit up by
the arc.

One could endeavor to try it by chaining down a propane bottle and remotely
discharging the tesla gun into it to see if that can happen.