[General] lexan scratches

Daniel Valdez smeeon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:01:35 CDT 2013

Do you know the precise vendor and type of lexan? Some places like Home Depot sell a lexan that had propertied much like what you are experiencing, easy to scratch and crazes with UV exposure.

There is an impact resistant lexan that tapplastics.com sells that is designed more for windshield application.

But to address your specific question, we won't know exactly how to polish it without knowing what type it is.

Example: I had some that was scratched and due to how soft the surface was no amount of polishing compound would take out the scratches. In fact it just clouded anywhere I buffed. And flame polishing just scorched the surface.

It can't hurt to try Novus brand 123 polish kit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001J7EVCQ

$15 isn't a bad test.

This is the stuff I've seen used for motorcycle visors.

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/polycarbonate_sheets_ar/517

Tap has polishing instructions for all of their products.

Hope that helps :)

--
Daniel Valdez
Audio Insight, Inc.

We Make Technology Work
Residential & Commercial - Design & Installation
Audio * Video * Networking * Automation