[General] LazeeEye: Turn Your Smartphone Into a 3D Camera

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:22:29 CDT 2014

Greetings fellow makers!

I haven't been in Huntsville long, but I'm writing to make you aware of an
exciting new Kickstarter project, the "LazeeEye": http://kck.st/1gVCcrB

LazeeEye takes your existing smartphone and turns it into a depth camera
using laser illuminator hardware and a stereo vision processing app.

The goal is to produce hardware and software that can bring 3D perception
to devices that have low-power/low-weight processing and a high-resolution,
such as what you would find in your smartphone.

We are excited about potential applications in photography, robotics, and
3d printing, and the best part is the cost!

For more information, or to consider supporting the project, please check
out the Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1gVCcrB, and don't hesitate to
spread the word!

Thanks,

Michael Carroll