[General] Newark/element14 and Adafruit Wearable Electronics Challenge!

Tyler Crumpton tyler.crumpton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 10:34:12 CDT 2014

Hey all!

I just wanted to let you know that today is the last day to sign up for the
Wearable Electronics Challenge sponsored by element14/Newark and Adafruit!

Here's some info about the challenge (you get free stuff to play with!):

Ten RoadTest challenge competitors will build electronics projects designed
> to be worn on the head using the Adafruit GEMMA sensor pack. Dress up like
> the ship in Close Encounters with flashing LEDs and simple tones, make a
> sparkling digital princess tiara for prom, stitch a VU meter baseball cap,
> or don a scrolling display matrix for your next DJ gig. We are looking for
> projects that stretch the tech as well as the craft of wearables.
> We will be selecting the competitors after the enrolment period closes on *August
> 4*. Shortly thereafter, each competitor will be provided with a *GEMMA
> Sensor Pack*:
>
>    - Adafruit Micro Lipo - USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1
>    - Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 500mAh
>    - Four Flora RGB NeoPixels V2
>    - Stainless Thin Conductive Thread - 2 ply - 25 meter/85 ft
>    - Photo cell (CdS photoresistor)
>    - Small Alligator Clip Test Lead (set of 12)
>    - GEMMA miniature wearable electronic platform
>    - USB cable - A/MiniB - 3ft
>    - Tactile On/Off Switch with Leads
>    - Fast Vibration Sensor Switch (Easy to trigger)
>    - Small Enclosed Piezo w/Wires

The grand prize is a Complete FLORA Collection parts pack from Adafruit and
an Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 courtesy of element14. Pretty sweet!

Here's the link if you're interested! Competition starts Aug 4 and ends Oct
4.

http://www.element14.com/community/roadTests/1329

Cheers,
Tyler Crumpton