[ML-General] Makers Local emails being caught up in spam filters

Tyler Crumpton tyler.crumpton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:24:12 CST 2014

Hey all,

It looks like for many of us Gmail users, emails from Makers Local 256 have
been snagged by an updated spam filter. Since email is the official mode of
communication of ML256 please make sure that you are correctly receiving
emails from the appropriate mailing lists. To whitelist our email address,
simply create a filter from each mailing list you are a part of. For
example, email to the members' list can be whitelisted in Gmail from the
search bar:

If you are on the General list and no longer wish to receive emails, please
unsubscribe instead of marking it as spam, as it makes it harder for those
who do want to get the emails.

Also, check your spam folders for any important emails you may have missed
in the last few weeks. Adding the filter will not recover any emails
already sent to spam.

Thanks, and keep making!
Tyler Crumpton

(P.S. I do know the irony in sending these tips out as an email, so if this
email gets blocked, pass the word along!)