[General] Woodworking teaching volunteer wanted

Daniel Valdez smeeon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 18:12:47 CST 2014

What level of class are we looking for here? Classical woodworking techniques like jointing and dovetailing stuff, generally heirloom quality stuff? Or are you all looking for just some basics like cutting techniques, choosing type of wood for your project, stain techniques and other finishing kinda stuff?

I grew up in a wood shop. I make no claim to being a "pro" but putting blocks of wood together into useful stuff was what my dad and I did instead of other male bonding type things :)

I feel wood working is more of an learn as you go, apprenticeship type thing. I'd feel uncomfortable teaching a class but just a meet and build day would be fun, maybe meet and talk about what you want to build and how to approach it. I'm sure we can learn from each other.

--
Daniel Valdez
Audio Insight, Inc.

We Make Technology Work
Residential & Commercial - Design & Installation
Audio * Video * Networking * Automation