[General] knitting machine jammed

Tahirih Osborne tahirih.osborne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 19:08:46 CST 2014

Hey makers!

I noticed that someone left the knitting machine jammed. I have since cut
the yarn out and untangled it from the machine. I am working on addressing
an issue with the front lock that I believe partly led to the jam.

I would suggest sticking to higher twist yarns, as I believe the jam was
also caused in part by a loosely spun, splitty yarn. There is an excellent
manual with the machine, "Fundamentally Passap" (green cover,) that
explains the analog internals of the machine, and is worth reading for
anyone interested in using and troubleshooting it.

Finally, in the future, please leave a sign if you must leave a project on
it or if it is jammed!