[General] Announcing a new Makers Local 256 mailing list - Classifieds!

Tyler Crumpton tyler.crumpton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:54:21 CDT 2014

Hey all!

We've set up a new Makers Local mailing list that we figured might be
useful to a lot of you: Classifieds!

The ML-Classifieds list can be used to put up that esoteric piece of
equipment for sale, announce that you've got an old CRT monitor that you
just can't convince yourself to throw away, let people know that you're
trying to find someone who would be willing to sell an old scooter motor
for your crazy new robot project, or pretty much any other buy/sell/trade
opportunity that you think may be of interest to the Maker community.

You can sign up for this list here:

You can look through the past posts here (none yet!):
http://lists.makerslocal.org/pipermail/classifieds/

To post the list, just send an email to: classifieds at lists.makerslocal.org

If you decide to post something for sale, please include "[Selling]" at the
beginning of the email subject, and if your looking to buy/borrow/take a
certain object please include "[Need]" at the start of the subject. If
you're just looking to offload something for free, just include a "[Free]"
tag, please.

Be sure to include as much information about the item as you can, including
model numbers, specs, condition, etc., as well as what price you would be
looking for. Please also include whether or not you can meet up with
someone to deliver it, what forms of money you can take, etc.

If you are interested in someone's listing, please email them separately,
not on the list. This will help keep emails on this list useful to everyone
without being spammy!

I hope this list is as useful as I think it will be, and feel free to shoot
me an email with any questions or ideas you may have!

Cheers, and keep Making!
Tyler Crumpton

Tyler Crumpton
tyler.crumpton at gmail.com