[General] vehicle black boxes

WebDawg webdawg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:20:11 CDT 2014

I would think about, from what I have read so far, instead of disabling it
(says integrated into electronics) figuring out a way to auto wipe it.

It looks like it records around the crash, and has limited capacity.

http://wiki.hackspherelabs.com/index.php?title=2010_Chevy_Equinox

Chevy has a GMLAN interface that lets you do all sorts of stuff, i never
got into it but you can intercept and send commands.  if the box is linked
to it, that would be a start.

Someone just interfaced with a car at defcon or some conference I thought.

You are going to have to hack it.  I mean read this (i know it is crappy
fox news)
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/03/04/toyota-secretive-black-box-data/