[General] Local Company, Synapse SNAP Mesh Network Board

Jeff Cotten omegix at gmail.com
Mon May 12 15:00:03 CDT 2014

There is a local "internet of things" mesh networking company here in
Huntsville called Synapse Wireless.

John was lucky enough to find one of their Synapse SNAP boards in a garage
sale for $10 if anyone is interested in playing with it.  It has 16 GPIO,
and there is a USB wireless interface (using mesh) for programming and
communicating with it.

It's currently located in the embedded dev area.  From the time I spent
with the board I was unable to get their IDE (python based) to play nice
with Debian or the latest stable Ubuntu release.  I imagine it will play
better on Windows.

Windows is not currently installed on the Embedded Dev machine, but it's
the next thing I'll be looking into for it.

http://www.synapse-wireless.com/snap-components/proto-board

Happy Meshing,
Jeff