[General] Want to change to future of Kitchen Appliances? - General Electric's FirstBuild.com

Angus Nelson angus at crowdcompanies.com
Wed May 21 11:20:37 CDT 2014

Wanted to pass this along to the Huntsville folk:

Short story - We at GE want to work with the outside world to create the
next generation of breakthrough home appliances.

So we’ve created an open community called
FirstBuild.com<http://firstbuild.com/>.
 It’s a community of engineers, designers, makers, and hardware hackers
coming together to design and build amazing home appliances.  We (GE) are
sponsoring it, so we can help bring the ideas that these folks have in
mind…to market.  We’ll reward contributors with prize money and royalties
but more importantly, we’ll help get their great ideas into millions of
people’s homes.

Every engineer, designer, and layman has looked at their appliance and
said: “Man, I wish it did ____.” Now there’s the opportunity to bring those
ideas and innovations to life through firstbuild.com.

We’re starting with the Future of Cooking.  Let’s work together to
revolutionize cooking appliances.

Two challenges are now open! The first, the *Micro-Kitchen Challenge
<https://firstbuild.com/mary/big-apps-micro-kitchen-challenge/>*, tasks the
community with helping solve the design and engineering hurdles in creating
a micro-kitchen that will maintain the style and functionality in a
significantly smaller footprint than traditional kitchens.  With grilling
not only a major part of the American lifestyle, but an international
cooking method that requires intense, direct heat to create nuanced and
authentic flavor, the second challenge asks the community to help design
and engineer the *Ultimate Indoor Grill
<https://firstbuild.com/mary/indoor-grilling/>*.

Winning project designs and engineering solutions will be brought to
life—initially in small batches at the FirstBuild micro-factory in
Louisville, KY.  The most popular products have the potential of scaling up
to mass production, affecting millions of people’s homes and amassing those
significant contributors’ royalties!

Help spread the word—there are tons of big ideas out there and challenges
to be solved… and it’s time to get started and bring them to life!

--

*Angus Nelson Member Success415-496-6515*

angus at crowdcompanies.com
@angusnelson <https://twitter.com/angusnelson>