[ML-General] Which (free) Linux electrical cad software?

david ainut at knology.net
Thu Dec 24 07:51:03 CST 2015

I'd like to document some circuits.

Part A is block diagrams with a name for each block and maybe a place to
write it's function in text.  Color support for the interconnects would
be nice.

Part B is maybe a Spice-like circuit analysis, drawn from the block
diagram level and drill down to each individual IC and component.  it
would be great if it has a library of IC's and components with their
electrical characteristics available.  Thermocouples are involved, as
well as their analog voltages being measured and converted into an I2C
signal for reading by a Beaglebone Black or Raspberry Pi 2.  Color
support (and stripes) for the actual wires would be very nice.

Rubber banding of wiring and connections is mandatory.  :)

So what do you guys suggest so that I may make pretty documents for
these circuits?

Thanks,
David Merchant