[ML-General] Cluster Computing

david ainut at knology.net
Tue Feb 3 16:13:41 CST 2015

IF and it's a big IF, your problem lends itself to a pure distributed
processing paradigm (think Cray...), a very low cost setup with
phenomenal compute speeds is the Sony Playstation 3, believe it or not.
You can find them really cheap nowadays,. Network a few of them
together, install LINUX/UNIX on them (might be available out there) and
setup the Cray-type compiler (from SGI) and you'll have a honking
system.  In the right problem domain, 5 of those would outperform
hundreds of the pico-computers.

--
This headspace for rent