[ML-General] KiCad software gets the CERN treatment

Stephan Henning shenning at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:53:17 CST 2015

Ya, it has a long way to go to reach the levels of Altium, Cadence, and the
other big packages.

I've not used eagle a whole lot, I tend to exceed the freeware limitation
very quickly. From what I remember, eagle is a little easier to use.

I think an interface overhaul for KiCAD to make the menus and option more
intuitive for newcomers would be very useful.

That's something that could be an interesting class for the shop though,
intro to KiCAD: Schematic Capture and Circuit Layout.