[ML-General] LAN party help needed!

Greg Brown greg at clockworkmayhem.com
Tue Jun 16 17:50:04 CDT 2015

Greetings, programs!

In the hallowed LAN party tradition we will be riding the coat tails of the
Pig Roast so that the fun doesn't stop after just one day.Though tales of
my superhuman prowess are not exaggerated I still cannot run this all on my
own.  I need volunteers to take over some duties while I keep the show
going.

I need people to run tournaments, if you want to run something not
suggested please say so:
-Minecraft
-FPS:  Quake 3 or some similar twitch game
-RTS: open to suggestions

Traditionally I have given out acrylic MakersLocal logos on ribbons for
prizes.  I can pay for the raw materials if someone will take over cutting
them out.  If you have something you would like to give away as a prize let
me know.  I may have to dig out my beloved copy of Shaq-Fu to give away as
grand prize.

I like to have game servers running all night for people to pop into and
play around in.  I need people to volunteer hardware and some time to get
these installed and going that night.  If you want to run another server,
let me know:
-Monday Night Combat
-Minecraft
-Team Fortress 2

We generally have leftovers from the pig roast but I can go raid costco and
get some proper LAN party grub.  Typical Tuesday Night Feast rules apply.
If this is ok with everyone I need some help prepping it.

I will also need some help after the Pig Roast setting up tables, chairs,
and network infrastructure.  This usually doesn't take long especially with
many hands helping.

Thanks everyone,

Greg