[ML-General] Make Pumpkin 2015

smeeon at gmail.com smeeon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:21:55 CDT 2015

A note about carving pumpkins with the laser:

The laser bed can drop aprox 12" down to make room for a pumpkin, ensure the underside is clear of objects before you lower the bed.

Engraving works, just ensure the pumpkin's flat side is up, you will need stuff to level the pumpkin and stabilize it.

Pick a very flat faced pumpkin without deep creases. As the focus of the laser just scorches as it gets out of focus.

Don't clear coat the pumpkin as per the Internet. I did and it sprouts fungus. MAYBE spraying with alcohol first to sterilize the surface before you seal it. Your pumpkin so IDGAF :D

Etching works, cutting doesn't go all the way through but could be used to "Mark" your pumpkin for easier cutting with a knife.

Happy carving :)

--
Daniel Valdez
Audio Insight, Inc.

We Make Technology Work
Residential & Commercial - Design & Installation
Audio * Video * Networking * Automation