[ML-General] linux networking questions

david ainut at knology.net
Tue Oct 6 13:11:46 CDT 2015

Yeah, I let memtest86 run for 4 days, no problem.
No version of Linux will run for more than 48 hours; sometimes 10
minutes, sometimes 36 hours.  I tried 4 versions of Linux, both on hard
drive and CD-only boot.  Gotta lot of money in this new mobo and
processors.  Wanted the AMD 93xx to work so bought it first, then had to
buy a liquid cooler for it.  Never did install that yet.  Then I went
through the same tests with the 83xx processor with same results.

The power supply was $110 by itself (and I usually don't pay more than
$35 for them.)  However, I am suspicious of that unit, but can't find my
tester.  <sigh>