[ML-General] AOL and Yahoo! list posts should no longer go to spam.

Hunter Fuller hfuller at pixilic.com
Wed Sep 9 20:33:30 CDT 2015

Makers,

A while back, AOL and Yahoo! rolled out a setting that asks other mail
providers to verify that their customers' sent mail is actually sent
from their servers unmodified. (This is known as DMARC.) Well, when
mail comes from lists.makerslocal.org, it does not come from the
Yahoo!/AOL servers, and it is modified, and so some mail providers
(notably Google) were marking these messages as spam.

I have upgrayedded the mailing list program and turned on a new option
that works around this issue. The instances of AOL/Yahoo! users' mail
going to spam should be greatly reduced or eliminated at this time.
Let me know if you find otherwise. (The mail will look a little
different, but it's better than not being seen at all.)
--
Hunter Fuller