[ML-General] Working with another local, non-profit

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:04:08 CDT 2016

Hey all,

Many don't know me, but I've been a friend/acquaintance/roommate for
several of the original Makers back in "the day" and was present for the
first "Greg almost set <object> on fire" incident at the shop off of
Governor's.

I'm currently involved with a few organizations, one of them being the
Saving Our Flying Heritage organization based out of Meridianville Airport.
One of the goals of the group is to have static displays in addition to
flight-worthy (and actively flying) military aircraft. An idea that some of
our members have thought about would be to have a small, looping video
discussing some of the bullet-points on our static displays (the history of
the aircraft as a whole, of that individual one, etc). The immediate thing
I thought of was to have a small display and speakers connected to a
Raspberry Pi and just have it on an ffplayer or mplayer loop.

Would this be something that some of the makers would like to become
involved with?

Steve Boyer