[ML-General] very strange Linux problem

david ainut at knology.net
Tue Feb 16 08:41:32 CST 2016

I'm trying to setup a cross-compile from the pc running Debian jessie to
an RPi2 also running jessie.  This is for a Qt environment so I'm using
Qt recipe on page wiki.qt.io/RaspberryPi2EGLFS.  Everything works fine
until I get to the ".configure" command in step 7.  Phase 1 of the
.configure works fine, but in phase 2, where it tries to "make" using a
g++ command, it returns an error "file not found!"  I can go to that
directory and actually SEE the actual g++ file exists!
Further, when I type (this is all using bash shell) "./g++" command name
(leaving out the full name only in this email), it also says "file not
found!"  And I still see it in an "ls" command as well as in the
windowed "file manager."

This is bizarre.  Unless there is an embedded control character or
something in the filename, I'm totally lost.  I have *never* seen any
version of any operating system do this.
Oh, and that entire directory tree was built using automagic build tools
downloaded from Qt's git site.

Not even sure how to rename that file if I keep getting "file not found"
errors while using shell command line interface.

Help, please!

Thanks,
David Merchant