[ML-General] Google Fiber coming to Huntsville

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:02:42 CST 2016

The AL.com article seems to indicate that the Google portion of the rollout
is all Huntsville.(
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2016/02/google_fiber_is_bringing_its_u.html
):

The utility, which serves all of Madison County, will run fiber into the
county – at first to substations and other infrastructure – raising the
possibility of providers bringing gigabit service to Madison and rural
areas, too.

"But the work we're doing to lease the dark fiber to (Google) is just
within the city limits of Huntsville," Stowe said. Dark fiber is
fiber-optic cable before data is moving through it.