[ML-General] ftp to other computers on my subnet via name instead of dhcp ip address

Hunter Fuller hfuller at pixilic.com
Mon Jun 20 16:49:04 CDT 2016

David,

Either you are manually setting your DNS to WideOpenWest's on your PCs
or on your router.

Check your router's web GUI for a "Static DNS" setting, or another
setting where you may have manually entered DNS to hand out to
clients, and remove that setting. Then they will use your router's IP
(probably 192.168.1.1) for DNS and then this will work.

If your router does not have this option, it doesn't support local
DNS, as support said.

Please see the attachment for my working config.
--
Hunter Fuller